We offer the opportunity to continue your summer experience or just join us in Canada for the Fall! You can work at a Canadian summer camp from the end of August until mid-October!
The Fall Job Roles are a great combination of the counsellor and support staff roles, with the combined advantages of both! Most fall placements involve working with a variety of rental groups in different capacities:
- Family camps, corporate retreats, school groups, sports teams, etc.
- Lead a variety of camp activities, not just one specialization – so lots of potentials to expand upon your skill set!
- Help close down camp, put away equipment, assist with shutting down buildings that are not winterized, clean/paint cabins, maintain trails, and so on.
There is also a limited number of purely support jobs for this season.
Working at a camp in the Fall has some unique benefits:
- Sleep in staff quarters most nights, and a more predictable schedule including time-off; in addition, evenings and some weekends will be free!
- Smaller staff team at camp. Opportunity to work very closely with a tight-knit team in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Increased weekly salary compared to core summer staff employment.
Fall Placements are typically at traditional, general interest camps.
Due to the nature of Fall Camp programs, the variety of skills required to be a suitable applicant differs from the Summer program. We are looking for applicants with experience in at least two of the following outdoor-based skills:
- Abseiling / Rappelling, Canoe Tripping, Low / High Ropes, Archery, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Outdoor Cooking, Lifeguard, Rock Climbing
Although certifications are not required in most cases, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and teach the skills you list, as this will be part of your role at camp in the Fall.
Please be aware, there are limited spaces available for the Fall program so we strongly recommend early application. If you have a more generalized skill set, we suggest that you complete the Summer program. You may have the opportunity to apply to Fall camps during your Summer placement.
- Dates: Must be available by August 30th and commit to at least 4 weeks of employment. 8-12 weeks of availability is a plus!
- Age: 19-30 by August 1st of current placement year. Applicants aged 31-33 also qualify if they have a Working Holiday Permit.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Must be a citizen of one of these countries.
- You do NOT have to be living in your country of citizenship in order to apply. This is a great opportunity for international camp staff in the USA to continue their experience in Canada!
- Earn a minimum of $36/day for a minimum of 6 days per week.
- For applicants who have already participated in a camp placement organized by NYQUEST: $150.
- For new applicants: $150 application fee, $300 program fee.
- All applicants need to provide a full medical and criminal background check (can use those from the original application if same calendar year). These fees are not paid to NYQUEST and vary based on your country of residency and your individual doctor’s fees. Full information provided upon program acceptance.
- Flights are not included in your program fee.
You can expect to receive the same exceptional service from NYQUEST, covering the following items:
- Placement tailored to your skill set, interests and availability.
- Organization of work permit, up to 8 weeks of health insurance, one night of accommodation in Canadian host city, transportation to camp and orientation covering setting up of bank account and social insurance number.
- NYQUEST will visit most participants during their work experience.