Due to the nature of Extended Summer Camp programs, the variety of skills required to be a suitable applicant differs from the Summer program. We are looking for applicants with experience in at least one of the following outdoor-based skills:
- Abseiling / Rappelling, Canoe Tripping, Low / High Ropes, Archery, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Outdoor Cooking, Lifeguard, Rock Climbing
Although certifications are not required in most cases, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and teach the skills you list, as this will be part of your role at September/October camp.
Please be aware, there are limited spaces available for the Extended Summer program so we strongly recommend early application. If you have a more generalized skill set, we suggest that you complete the Summer program. You may have the opportunity to extend your stay during your Summer placement.
- Dates: Must be available by August 30th and commit to at least 4 weeks of employment. 8-12 weeks of availability is a plus!
- Age: 19-30 by August 1st of current placement year. Applicants aged 31-33 also qualify if they have a Working Holiday Permit.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Must be a citizen of one of these countries.
- You do NOT have to be living in your country of citizenship in order to apply. This is a great opportunity for international camp staff in the USA to continue their experience in Canada!
- Earn a minimum of $36/day for a minimum of 6 days per week.
- For applicants who have already participated in a camp placement organized by NYQUEST: $150.
- For new applicants: $150 application fee + $300 program fee = $450 CAD total