Thank you for using NYQUEST Camp Canada™ or visiting one of our websites.
When we say “we”, “us”, “our” and “NYQUEST” we are referring to NYQUEST Training & Placement Inc. and its subsidies which own and operate the NYQUEST Camp Canada™ brand, trademark and websites.
When we say “you”, “your”, “participant” and “customer” we are referring to either someone who has signed up for a NYQUEST service or is visiting our websites.
NYQUEST does not sell its customer data or mailing lists and will not share your Personal Data with any third party companies for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have explicitly given consent.
Our websites and brands:
- NYQUEST Camp Canada™ / www.go-nyquest.com
- Camp Canada™ (UK) / www.campcanada.co.uk
- Camp Canada (Australia) / www.campcanada.com.au
- Camp Canada™ (New Zealand) / www.campcanada.co.nz
The Information We Collect
When dealing with our website there are three types of information we collect.
This is data that you voluntarily provide to us and is often information that we need in order for you to take part in a work and travel program, or that may be given to us when you request more information and/or contact us.
This helps us improve our websites and experiences and is often tracked automatically in the background such as your browser type, operating system or device type.
Personal Data is any piece of data that identifies or can be reasonably used to identify you as an individual. We collect Personal Data in a few different ways with the most common being:
- When you create an application for one of our work and travel programs;
- When you request more information about one of our work and travel programs;
- When you register your interest in one of our programs;
- When you contact us online;
- When you voluntarily join our mailing lists;
- When photos or videos are taken of you at NYQUEST events or at camp to be used for marketing purposes.
When registering for any of our programs we will ask you for information such as your full name, email address, password, date of birth, address, postal code and country. During the application we will also ask you to voluntarily provide further information such as home address, emergency contact details, profile photo, work history and references.
When requesting more information about a program, registering your interest or contacting us online we may ask you for information such as your full name, email address and contact details.
Sensitive Personal Data
Information such as medical or criminal background, passport information and other personal details may be considered “Sensitive Personal Data”.
We use information you provide to us relating to a medical condition, disability or special needs you may have for the purposes of evaluating what suitable support may be available to you and may be required, or whether you may be required to obtain additional insurance to participate in our program, and to share this information with our employees, camp employees and third parties who are directly involved in the application process or the provision of our services to you.
We use information relating to any criminal conviction you may have for the purposes of evaluating your admission to our program, or for evaluating whether to allow you to continue on a program, and to share this information with camp employees and third parties for such purposes.
We collect passport information and your camp placement data in order to comply with the work permit requirements set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
This data will only be shared with a camp employer if you are successfully hired at their camp.
Other sensitive Personal Data such as religious background or student status, may be voluntarily given to us in order to help us in the match you with an employer or placement.
If data has been aggregated or anonymised so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identifiable individual it is no longer classified as Personal Data. NYQUEST may use this for any business purpose.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
- When registering for a NYQUEST program we will rely on Contract as the lawful basis for processing your personal information. As a potential customer registering for a NYQUEST program we will need to process your data in order to provide you with our program services.
- When signing up to marketing communications or providing us with feedback related to a NYQUEST program we will rely on Consent as the lawful basis for processing. You will be asked explicitly to provide us with consent for marketing communication at the point of registering for a NYQUEST program.
- When referring you to a 3rd party program provider that you may visit through a NYQUEST website, NYQUEST will rely on Legitimate Interest as our lawful basis for processing.
For more information about lawful basis of processing please visit the ICO website.
Lawful Basis for Processing – Criminal Data
NYQUEST has a lawful basis under Article 6 of GDPR (i.e., contract, legitimate interest) to process data about criminal convictions or offences; the company also has legal authority to do so under Article 10 of GDPR based on data subject consent. A comprehensive register of participant criminal convictions is not kept and any data related to criminal convictions or offences is anonymized when service is complete.
When visiting a NYQUEST website we collect usage data, which is done automatically in the background. This includes:
NYQUEST collects information about the devices accessing our websites including: the type of device, device operating system, device settings, application IDs and unique device identifiers. The exact information we collect varies depending on device and system settings.
When visiting our websites our servers automatically record information in server logs. These logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, referring and exit pages, landing pages, pages viewed, language preferences and date and time stamps.
When visiting our websites we will receive data that will help us approximate your location – this helps us deliver the correct language and website to you. We may use the IP address from your browser or device to determine approximate location.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To help you complete your application and aid you with your work and travel placement with a Canadian summer camp or outdoor recreation centre;
- Applying for work permits and immigration documents on your behalf;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support;
- Confirming and/or obtaining references on your behalf;
- To book services on behalf of our customers, including but not limited to, flights, accommodation bookings and insurance;
- For billing, account management and other administrative tasks;
- To send emails and other communications relating to service you have signed up for;
- To send marketing communications;
- To investigate security issues and prevent fraud.
How We Disclose Or Share Data
NYQUEST does not sell or rent Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties or companies for marketing purposes. We will only share your data with trusted third parties or affiliates including:
In order to provide our services to customers we use third party providers for areas such as infrastructure, web hosting, email communication, payment gateways and flight bookings.
NYQUEST Affiliates & Partners
Canadian Summer Camps
In order to provide our services of placement at Canadian summer camps or outdoor centres we will share your Personal Data with them. This is only for the purpose of placement at a Canadian summer camp or outdoor centre and will only be done with your consent when signing our Program Agreements.
Safety, Legal and Law Enforcement
NYQUEST may share your Personal Data in order to comply with safety, legal and law enforcement purposes.
Our programs are not directed to anyone younger than the age of 18. If you learn that anyone under 18 has submitted personal information to us, without consent, please contact us and we will delete the information accordingly.
We often display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to external 3rd party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for 3rd party privacy policies or practice and the content they display. Please read their privacy policies when leaving our website to find out how they collect and process your information.
You are entitled at any time to a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please make this request in writing via mail or email.
You have a right to ask in writing not to receive any direct marketing material from us, such emails or physical letters. You can amend your preferences in all of our email newsletters by clicking “unsubscribe”. Once notified we will take all the necessary steps to stop using your information for direct marketing.
Please write to:
Data Protection Officer
NYQUEST CAMP CANADA
3 Hill Place